The Lawnside Historical Society will be on a panel highlighting Underground Railroad Sites at the NJ Historic Preservation Conference. This year’s conference will be in Atlantic City from June 12-13th, 2023. Registration is now open.
The New Jersey History and Historic Preservation Conference is the annual state-wide educational and networking opportunity for history and historic preservation professionals and volunteers in the fields of architecture, planning, heritage site and museum management, public history, archaeology, municipal preservation commissions, county heritage offices, developers, students, and more.
– Opening reception at Boardwalk Hall featuring Nelson Johnson, author of The Northside: African Americans and the Creation of Atlantic City & Boardwalk Empire: The Birth, High Times, and Corruption of Atlantic City
– An exciting keynote address by Adam Markham, Acting Director of the Climate & Energy Program at the Union of Concerned Scientists (UCS), at the Tropicana
– Hands on workshop(s) with the NJ Historic Preservation Office
– Choice of classroom sessions, lightning sessions, and tours of Atlantic City, Boardwalk Hall, and South Jersey architecture
– Marketplace sponsor and vendor exhibits
– Student Poster Sessions
– Closing reception at Stockton University-Atlantic City
For more information and to buy tickets visit: https://www.njpreservationconference.org/registration/